Sunday, April 24, 2011

Next Game? Clan Poll

There's no new Halo or Left 4 Dead on the horizon.  Clan night attendance is down.  What do people want to play next?  I don't know of anything really ground breaking on the horizon.  Leave a comment here about a game you would like to play next.  Here are some ideas:

  • Burnout Paradise (January 2008, 9.0/10.0, $19.99 used): Driving arcade game focused more on crashes and stunts than on pure racing.  Support for up to 8 player co-op/races.  Could be a good diversion.
  • Forza Motorsport 3 (October 2009, 9.5/10.0, $22.99 used): The standard in simulation driving games, this one was apparently designed to be more accessible.  All the best cars, support for up to 8 player co-op/races.
  • Battlefield 1943 (July 2009, 8.0/10.0, $15 download): A multi-player version of the World War II series, this Xbox Live Arcade download supports up to 24 players.  Not sure if there's really a co-op mode, and not sure how many people are still playing on-line.
I'm open to other ideas.  Main requirements: Support for at least 8 people, easily accessible (i.e., not Call of Duty), high fun factor.

1 comments:

MrsM said...

I am hesitant to say yes to a driving game because I wonder if we wont tire of it quickly. I also have a faultering skill level when it come to fps games so I am not entirely sure how my "skill" level will translate to other games.

If someone has any of these games or any games that might get suggested, I would love to try playing them before making a choice (but simple majority rule should out weigh my abilities).

I am not afraid to try to learn a new game, but the games that require more complicated skill levels or more precision skill might knock me out of playing since I tend to get frustrated when I am unable to get better due to always being dead.